Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Lordy Lordy! Looks who's 40!!!!

Today is John's birthday!  I can't believe he's 40!  We both feel so young!  Of course our 2 children - Jordan (6) and JP (3) definitely contribute to this feeling - but it still feels strange to say, "we're in our 40's!"  (I turn 40 in just 3 small months).

We have a really fun day planned if it would just stop raining!  I will definitely post more about this momentous day when it's over - but I just wanted to start the day blogging about the love of my life!

I met John in 2000 at First Baptist Church Euless.  He was leading worship for the Single Adults (about 350 in attendance!).  Now just to give you a visual... he had hair longer than mine, a beard, and had just finished a road tour with his band... yes.. he was a rock star in my mind!  And I even did that high school girl thing and imagined him singing to me!  And I can now say, as his wife of 8 years - he still gets his guitar out and writes songs about me!  It is as good as you think it might be!!!

He is my very best friend and I love spending my life with him! 

He makes me laugh hysterically...


He holds me when I cry....



He's a great jungle gym for our kids - even when he's tired...



And he can cook a mean steak - better than any Ruth Chris's, or Smith & Wellinsky's - I guarantee!


So, today, my love... it's all about you!  
Thanks for making my life so wonderful!  
Happy Birthday!
I love you!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks, Beautiful! Life is good with you on the trail!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Belated Birthday to your husband!

    And thanks for stopping by my blog and visiting. Your encouragement means a lot to me.

    Many blessings to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope he had a truly wonderful birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful birthday tribute to your hubby! You are both blessed to have each other!

    ReplyDelete