Saturday, May 15, 2010

Summer's just around the corner!

When Jordan's birthday gets here I know that Summer is just around the corner!

I can't believe that my oldest child is almost 6 years old!  There are so many ways I could take this first sentence.  One, I really do remember as if it was yesterday the day she was born.  She was so tiny and had the cutest little cry - it was almost a squeak instead of a cry.  Or I could mean, "I can't believe I'm almost 40 and my oldest is 6!"  Most of my friends that are my age have teenagers!  Either way, watching Jordan turn 6 has already been so much fun!  She really takes everything in and let's excitement take over her whole little person!  A couple of weekends ago, John's parents - Sweet Mama & Papa Lou - came for a visit and brought all kinds of treats!  (Barbie, books, clothes, etc)  Each gift was opened and held up for all to see.  I think her best gift was story time at night!  Getting to sit in her grandmother's lap and get undivided attention was priceless to her!  She hated to see them leave.

This next week, Jordan will get to have a special snack during school and then Saturday is the big party @ Storyland @ City Park.  She is SUPER excited!  Stay tuned for more birthday stories and pictures!


Click here to see more pictures from the grandparent visit!

JP really enjoyed their visit too!  In fact, he had so much fun that he finally conked out with his Boo-boo Bear in the living room!  He NEVER does this!  I just had to capture this moment and prove to him later than he indeed CAN take a nap!  I'm not sure if it will work - but it's certainly worth a try!


 JP is assuredly the most ready for Summer!  We got the kids a little pool for the backyard.  A day doesn't go by when JP doesn't venture out to the pool in some capacity or another!  This picture was taken on a day when I told him that we didn't have time to swim - but he could play outside.  So walking around in the pool - with his clothes and his cowboy hat seemed to be okay I guess.

What a summer I'm in for huh?!  Anyone want to come spend the day with us?  There's never a dull moment around here!


1 comment:

  1. Can't wait for Grandmother Camp .. Just think a whole week with the 4 city mice in the country. I think I'll call them the FM'S. Franklins & McCombers. FM indeed... blaring loud and long I'm sure. LOL...What a blessing. and oh yeah, we're also going to throw in some ten commandment learning as well. Thank You God for these blessings

    ReplyDelete