Thursday, April 22, 2010

The School Fair

Well... I was trying to decide what to post today about my wonderful family and as I sat at my computer - rather just staring at it - waiting for inspiration.... I landed on the title of my blog and realized that I started this blog to let family & friends know (okay, let's be honest - the grandparents) back in Texas - what life is like in The Big Easy - New Orleans.

Then it hit me! I haven't wrote about last weekend! Last weekend was Jordan's School Fair. Here in New Orleans, almost all of the private school have a School Fair. It's a fundraising opportunity for them. On any given weekend - around this time of year - you can drive down almost any road and see huge signs advertising their school's fair! They are much like a Texas Carnival!

Jordan looked forward to it for weeks & weeks. And then it happened... they began to bring in all the carnival rides to the school parking lot. Jordan was beside herself! Every day she would describe a new ride and share how should couldn't wait to ride it. There was the dragon roller coaster, the biggest & tallest slide she had ever seen and so many others. Daily she would give us a countdown as to the opening day of the Fair!

She did have a blast with her friends. We also got to hear her sing on the big stage along with the other K-2nd graders. What a way to spend a Saturday afternoon!

Here's a video of her performance on stage!



The Dragon Roller Coaster...


Her singing on stage....


Hanging out with her friend...


The airplane ride....




Her favorite... the fish tank!


More fun friends!



No comments:

Post a Comment